It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
 Post subject: President BO
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:53 am 
Yamaha Player
Yamaha Player

Well, it happened. He's in. Start saving your pennies and prayin to what you worship. It's that time. Let's see what barry can do with this mess. Should be pretty good OTJT.

Pro mark - Yamaha/Dixon Hardware

Post subject: Re: President BO
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:18 am 
2008 Funniest Post & Site Admin

dbkman wrote:
Well, it happened. He's in. Start saving your pennies and prayin to what you worship. It's that time. Let's see what barry can do with this mess. Should be pretty good OTJT.

Yesterday, we were Democrats and Republicans...

Today it's time to band together, put down our party lines and join as fellow Americans irrespective of party affiliation.

The American people spoke, and they spoke loud and clear. We now need to rally in support of our president elect, and do whatever it takes to make the next four years as productive as possible for the good of our potentially fragmenting nation.

It's time to deliver on the premise "One Nation, Under God, Indivisible..."

Set you fears aside, and work towards the common good. If that fails, consult the "manual"... it clearly lays out the next move!

I was gone for a while, because I needed to be... now I'm back... because I need to be!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:34 pm 
Founder & 2008 Member Of The Year
Founder & 2008 Member Of The Year

^^^^^^^yup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:39 pm 
Ludwig Player
Ludwig Player

This could go just about any direction. I'm ready to see what the next few years have in store.

Discovery is the ability to be puzzled by simple things. - Noam Chomsky

six7teen/I'm Gorgeous Inside/Powerhammer(solo)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:38 pm 
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

My weak kung-fu.....Its my first photochop, so don't be too harsh.

Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 pm 
Mapex Player
Mapex Player

It's quite nice to finally have a president that I can actually say I'm proud to have in office. That being said, I don't entirely agree with everything Obama says. These next four years will be interesting indeed.

Bands:
Dead Man
At All Times

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:06 pm 
Gretsch Player
Gretsch Player

I don't think alot of the huge amounts of change people are expecting will happen. That being said I hope the Dem's don't go too crazy passing out our tax money freely.

Silver Fox sticks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:13 am 
Ludwig Player
Ludwig Player

Zen_Drummer wrote:
dbkman wrote:

Yesterday, we were Democrats and Republicans...

Today it's time to band together, put down our party lines and join as fellow Americans irrespective of party affiliation.

The American people spoke, and they spoke loud and clear. We now need to rally in support of our president elect, and do whatever it takes to make the next four years as productive as possible for the good of our potentially fragmenting nation.

It's time to deliver on the premise "One Nation, Under God, Indivisible..."

Set you fears aside, and work towards the common good. If that fails, consult the "manual"... it clearly lays out the next move!

Democrats and Republicans.....These two opositions in recent years have come so much to remind me of the Union and the Confederacy - North and South.Why do we have to pick sides, I though we were all united here? When is it time to make a break from tradition and stop picking sides and be on one united front ? I know the oppositions were set up as checks and balances , but times have changed and it is time that congress or the format of congress gets up to date and start functioning as a better working machine....which may mean it's time for a new design, or even a new model.
Otherwise I feel we will always continue to argue over petty issues based on who is on what side rather than what is the best solution in the best interest of the country. All I have heard this week is victory for the democrats , failure for the Republicans....What about the american people....who gives a damn about what party has control and how the loser is going to get it back.....this isn't a game damn it, we're not fighting over a football, hell we shouldn't even be fighting over anything at all, only finding beter, more productive ways to solve THIS countries probles. No wonder people are stand offish about politics and governmeant.....politics and governmeant only cares about itself, not the people it serves.

http://www.myspace.com/krisardolino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:36 pm 
Pearl Player
Pearl Player

Remember, remember, the 4th of November. It's not about who is wrong or right. Both sides of the aisle believe they are right. The thing is, both sides ARE right. Both ideologies are good. But this country functions best with a mixture of both. Sadly, in recent years, we've been divided. You've either been left, or right in this country. I say who cares? We are AMERICANS. We can accomplish more if we put our heads together. That being said, it's always easier said than done. Change is always hard. The president-elect has some pretty big shoes to fill. I'm just interested to see how this all unfolds.

Being a registered Democrat, I've felt myself to be in the minority where I currently live. Everyday for the past few months, I'd drive past yard after yard that would have a Mccain/Palin sign. Seemed like nobody supported Obama. And sadly, a lot of people around here swore never to "Vote that Black man into office..." I hate to see anybody upset over this, but we're in a different world. Our economy has been shifting from agriculture to service, and the current policies just aren't working anymore. They may have worked for a while, but things change. Obama offered change. It's time for a new way of thinking.

Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian, or Independent. We're all Americans. And I deeply enjoyed watching our great country work.

Pearl|Remo|PDP|Zildjian|Bosphorus|Istanbul|Dream

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:31 pm 
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

drumsforlife wrote:
Sadly, in recent years, we've been divided. You've either been left, or right in this country.
I think that perception is very wrong and has been perpetuated in the media by selfish political pundits who would rather divide our country for their own personal gain rather than see us work together to get sh*t done. Most of the people I know (even in ultra conservative Texas) are not hardcore right or left wingers, but somewhere in the middle of the road.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:14 pm 

To be straight up and honest, which I always try to do, I voted split ticket. I did my research and chose the candidates that I thought would make America a better place to live, no matter what party they belong to. I am not so nieve to think that ALL promises made are going to happen but I weighed out the possibilities and made my choices. I took a vow both when I joined the Military and the Sheriff's office to support and protect our government, it's leaders and our Commander in Chief and I will continue to do so until I am worm food. I may not agree with the outcome of the election but I did my civil duty and voted with my Family. That's all that counts to me. If you guys were as fortunate then you are blessed. You spoke your 2 cents! P.O.Y!

Silverfox, Vic Firth and Pro-Mark
DW Pedals

"Things in here don't react well to bullets!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 pm 
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

+1 Stump. I never vote a straight party ticket. I try to learn as much as possible about candidates from both sides and vote for the person (not the party) I think would be best suited for the job.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:53 am 
Pearl Player
Pearl Player

i cant vote, they suspended my voting registration, dont look at me like im crazy cause i think its weird also.

none the less, we are better off with out the W.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:21 pm 
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Were you convicted of a felony? If not, they have no basis for taking away your voting rights unless you're not a citizen of the U.S. Voter intimidation really pisses me off.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:29 pm 
Pearl Player
Pearl Player

i do not recall, the only thing i have been taken in as M.D.O.P

but when i went to register for my license they said my voters license was cancelled or some crap at the Secretary of state, though i dont quite understand as to why,

it really made no sense to me honest, and every time someone asked me they look at me like im a loon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:34 pm 
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Sounds like a load of bullshit. Unless you were convicted of a felony (not sure what an M.D.O.P. is) they cannot take away your right to vote. Sounds like voter intimidation. If there are still any contested house or senate seats in your district, you should notify the voter registration office of what's going on, because you probably aren't the only person who was lied to/screwed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 am 

wafflestomper wrote:

but when i went to register for my license they said my voters license was cancelled or some crap at the Secretary of state, though i dont quite understand as to why,

it really made no sense to me honest, and every time someone asked me they look at me like im a loon.

What is a Voters License?

You register, then you vote. You can't register on ELECTION day, but it's pretty simple. No license required. Just good 'ol US citizenship.

I was gone for a while, because I needed to be... now I'm back... because I need to be!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 pm 
Pearl Player
Pearl Player

i forgot the due date for Michigan, but who knows, maybe i was Born in Canada.

M.D.O.P is malicious destruction of property,

all i really did was punch out some windows in my Garage,The cop said i threatened him, which i didnt.

Southgate ( the city i live in) from what i understood is being investigated by the F.B.I

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:44 pm 
Tama Player
Tama Player

Zen_Drummer wrote:
wafflestomper wrote:

What is a Voters License?

You register, then you vote. You can't register on ELECTION day, but it's pretty simple. No license required. Just good 'ol US citizenship.

Being from Finland I didn't have to register to vote, because we just need to show ID. Why do you have to register to vote in the US? I get a form by mail, and if I haven't received a form I can just do it at the voting office but it's a lot quicker if I use the form I got on my mail (it holds my name and all that).

Remo/Aquarian/Evans

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:27 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I think we should just stop voting and start shooting! It is criminal that President Cheney spent the surplus.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]